Monday, August 20, 2012

I don't know if you saw this post on Facebook or not, but

Nikki Carollo taught us how to make her lizard beads.
Here's the post:

Here's how we do end of day beads in the studio:
1. Put a white short on the end of a (undipped)mandrel.
2. Wrap matching transparent colors around it - 2 are green, 2 are blue, 2 are mixed.
3. Don't forget to find some sparkles to add in,
we love sparkles.
4. Add some random white stringer or clear on top to make sure it's enough glass for a base bead - lizards are needy.
5. Melt it together, wind the hot mess directly onto a mandrel (with bead release this time!) and shape it as needed.
6. Add lizard, or frog, or leave it be as a fun focal bead.
7. Fini.
So, I decided to see if I could make lizard beads like Nikki.
Here's the result!

 Okay, so it's not as good as Nikki's is, but it was fun to make,
and
it's now in my BOC bowl.
Thanks, Nikki!!!!
Be sure to visit her Etsy store for more eye candy!!!!
And if you decide to try Nikki's directions,
let's see what you do!!

2 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

This is very cute, Mallory! I think I had seen Nikki's work last week when I was looking for "green" beads to post to the ABS bead search.

happyhannah said...

love it!!!