Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CATZ - Drawing Lab 2011 - First Assignment



In my life,
I have owned many cats.
I love cats!
My favorite cats were Pinkie and Sam.
They were both incredibly important in my life although they lived many years apart.
When I signed up for Jeanie's Drawing Lab 2011,
I didn't know what I was in for.
Now, that I do,
It's so much fun!
Each Sunday,
Jeanie sends us our weekly assignment.
I was amused to see the first one.
"Draw Cats," she said.
"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm," I said, "Cats?"
Okey dokey.
Little did I realize how challenging this would be.
I love cartooning, and it is a form of drawing,
so,
off I went to draw cats.
Well, here are my first cats.
They are more shape than shading.
I decided I wanted to have a little bit of fun with my "final" project, so
I was off to doodle and draw.
Art is clearly and expression of the mind and the creative side.
I'm not sure what this says about me,
but here it is:
CATZ!


All I can say it was fun!
Check out Jeanie's drawing lab!
The assignment for this week is
BIRDS!
What shall I do?
You'll see soon!

2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

I love you colored CATZ sketch! That's something I'd do, too. Simply playing with lines and colors. Fun!

TesoriTrovati said...

Love that you took the word and worked that in. So clever! It is fun to draw with friends and experience all the personalities in the group.
Enjoy the day, Mallory.
Erin