Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beads Coming Home

One of the perks of doing a "live" bead show is that,
sometimes,
you get to see what designers did with your beads.
This happened to me twice this past weekend.
Two different designers brought me their jewelry to see,
and
I was absolutely thrilled!!

This lovely designer had bought some of my discs.
She came, and guess who forgot to get her name, to show me what she had done with the discs she had bought at the fall show.
Isn't that great?
She made a necklace and earrings out of the discs.
She then purchased more of my funky, wonky discs for the friend who was with her.
She told me, "I was hoping you'd still have more discs since you were saying you would probably not make them any more."
She plans to make a necklace and earrings for her friend's birthday.
I was delighted!
If you look at the center of this fabulous bracelet,
you will see my bead.
The designer said to me,'You said you were going to throw this out if it didn't sell.
It was perfect for my necklace!"
I had to admit, it did fit in perfectly!
I was amazed and impressed!
Isn't that a great way to celebrate that which you love to do?

Tell me:
Do people come back to you to show you what they do with their beads?
Do you show bead makers what you made with their beads?
I'd love to hear the stories!

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I love to show beadmakers what I do with their things! I try to blog about it or at least send them a picture. I know they appreciate seeing how their beads grew up! And now that I am making my own components I am finding that there have been an instance or two when I have seen where my charms/pendants have ended up. I think that it is awesome to see how other's minds embrace the same concept... different than I may have done and oh so fabulous!
Thank you for sharing these wonderful creations!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Miss Val's Creations said...

What fun creations! I love the bracelet!!! ~Val