Monday, December 12, 2011

The Rules of Play and what we learned in First Grade, I think

Actually, this has little to do with what we learned in first grade except that I learned there were rules to playing.
You know, 
Take Turns.
Don't Hit or Kick Anyone.
Don't Bite Anyone.
Don't Blow Your Nose on Anyone.
Sharing is Good.
Say Please and Thank You.
I've carried these and other lessons with me for years.
Now, I have some new rules of play for me this week.
I hope to show you the results later, if I don't forget.
This is my box of shorts.

This is what's on my work bench now.

The rules are as follows:
This week I can only use the shorts I have in my box or on my work bench.
The exception is if I need more clear, black or white I may add those three colors to anything I make, but I must be out of them in the shorts mix.
I can make anything I want.
If I need murrini, twisties, or stringer, I must use only the shorts I have.
These rules will apply only until the end of the week.
Other than that,
see the first rules posted for play.
I'll show you the results later.
What rules of play do you make for yourself?
What have been your results?

2 comments:

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

I'd say your shorts are nearly short enough...: - ). And you should be heating and gluing them together as you go AND I'm one to talk becasue I have a monumental box of shorts I should be playing with! I'll see what I can do.

rosebud101 said...

Sharon, what I found in another box more than doubled the amount I have. Wow! Three days of torching and I haven't even made a dent in this!