Tuesday, July 10, 2012

All right! A bit more on my Hate Love Relationship with Kumihimo

I realized yesterday that I was turning my disc the wrong way.  It seemed logical at the time.  If I was turning my disc the wrong way, shouldn't the bead go on top instead of on the bottom?
Well, I made this braid with beads doing just that.
Take a look.

 Guess I was wrong.
The bead still needs to go under the thread instead of over.
Oh, well!
I do like this braid, though.  I'm not going to take it apart.
I will make a bracelet out of it.
Stay tuned.  More kumihimo next week. 
Maybe, I'll get it right yet!!
 

2 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

That's part of the appeal of handmade, isn't it? Every piece is unique... one person's work is unlike anyone else's... and sometimes we get a great surprise by doing a technique "wrong". That's how we discover new methods. I think your weave looks great, sort of like a net filled with treasures!

Andaira said...

Yo he hecho muy poco Kumihimo, pero a ver si te puede ayudar esto
http://pinterest.com/andaira/kumihimo/
Sobretodo, cuando estés cruzando los hilos, haz que la labor tenga un peso, para que todos los puntos salgan iguales.
-------
I have done little Kumihimo, but see if you can help this http://pinterest.com/andaira/kumihimo/
Especially when you're crossing the wires, make the work has a weight, so that all points out the same.
Sorry, but I have to use the translator and I'm not sure of the translation