Friday, March 7, 2008

I haven't finished my pictures from my trip

However, I do have some bead photos to show.
This is the first one. When I woke up this morning, the temperature outside was -6 on March 6! We are so below normal right now. I want spring! I want summer! I want to be warm!
That's why I like this bead. It's a biagi style bead. That means the hole in the center is bigger than the normal hole, and the bead will fit on a larger sized chain or kumihimo braid. This floral bead was encased after the flowers were made. That means that I used transparent clear to cover the base bead. I love this one. I don't know if I should sell it or not. I'll have to make a decision quickly on that.

The next bead is also a biagi bead. I used two different colors in it. I used a dark blue and some dark ivory to which I had added some silver leaf. I like this one, too!

Now this set of beads already sold. I really liked the set! I hope that the buyer is enjoying the set because she likes them and can wear them without a coat. They were made with a periwinkle blue base. I sculpted some flowers on the top of the bead. Really pretty!

This is a beautiful neckalce that I made using a big holed bead. The opening is almost 3/4" in width and a kumihimo braid. I love mixing fiber with glass! I have this for sale in my etsy store right now. It can be worn throughout the year, particularly for work. I love it!

This last bead was fun to make. I don't know why I didn't photograph both sides of the bead, but I didn't. It's also a biagi bead. It's a flip flop! I am so ready for spring! I think I need a warm vacation soon!

I guess that's all for today. I have to go and check the kiln now. I want to get the beads out to see what they look like after soaking. Oh, how I do love making those beads!
Check out my etsy store! http://www.rosebud101.etsy.com
You might find something you like!

1 comment:

Deronda designs... said...

AWESOME beads! Love the dark blue/silvered ivory one.