Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A New Etsy Store - Fibre Towne


Maggie is a lampwork bead artist, and now she is a spinner of yarn. Maggie took up spinning about a year ago. She started with a spindle and now has graduated to a wheel. Look at this yarn! She has gorgeous yarns in her Etsy store Fibre Towne.

It's called Autumn Vineyard Homespun yarn. This is a worsted weight yarn and it is gorgeous! Maggie knows her yarn. I didn't realize that there was so much to know.





Look at this nummy yarn! Maggie has titled it Cherry Twist Experiment Homespun. Beautiful! You can find it here.












Have you ever seen wool in its natural state? Here's a sample from Maggie's store. Even without the dye, it is beautiful!!!! It's called, appropriately, Au Naturel. The title fits. Don't you just love it?






















Even though there are many other beautiful yarns in Maggie's shop, this is one of my favorites. Maggie has called it: Spooky Experiment. Isn't this a fun yarn? Maggie calls this yarn an experiment in plying. Like I said, she knows her yarn.

Don't waste your time, get over to Fibre Towne. Take a look at all of those great yarns!

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

That's delicious!

You know, a LOT of lampworkers I know also knit -- I wonder why that is?

rosebud101 said...

I don't know, Lori. I crochet, but I can't knit. I've tried, believe me. Maybe it's the detail or the right brain left brain use of the hands. It's an interesting idea to contemplate!

Manuela said...

It´s such a long time ago I was knitting - but I loved it and I did it every day in the train on my way to school where I was teaching .... long, long time ago.
Lampworking fills my days now and I am so happy, when I find some time for reading but looking at these fibres makes we want touching it and making something beautiful from.

Thanks Mallory, your ETSY findings are always great, have a sunny day

♥ Manuela

rosebud101 said...

Manuela, that's interesting to know you used to knit. I think that this might be an idea to pursue. What is the connection between knitting and lampworking, if any? I used to be a quilter until I found lampworking. There's something about fibers. I don't know.