Friday, January 4, 2008

I've decided to have more fun this year

I honestly don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. They just don't work. I've learned that through the years of diets, trends, haircuts, exercise, house cleaning, house keeping, the resolutions just don't work. I quit making them a long time ago. On New Year's Day, as I looked back on my year, I looked at my activities and the places I went and the places I didn't go, and I decided that this year, I am going to have more fun. When you live in an area of the country where the sunshine is limited, it's easy to get down in the dumps and begin a period of hibernation that will continue until the sun begins to shine again. I know I do that. I know that I did that last year. I hid in my basement making beads when the sunshine lessened. Now, I want to have more fun. I don't know how I will do this, but I do know, I will have more fun.
Yesterday, I got together with a dear friend I hadn't seen in a very long time. We sat and talked and almost closed the restaurant down. That was fun.
Tonight, I had just made my dinner when some friends called asking me to meet them for dinner at a nearby restaurant. I put away my dinner and joined them. That was fun. It's a lowly start, but it's a start.
I don't ever want to quit making beads until I can't see or my hands tremble so much that I might burn down the house. That will still be my passion and a lot of my fun. However, I want to get out of my basement and have fun.
In the meantime, here are some of my most fun beads this year. Since this blog is about the love of beads, here are a few.



This is part of a blue series of beads. I really do like these beads.

This is a series of orange. I'd like to say that like some of the greatest artists on earth I am going through my blue phase or my orange phase, and I think I will. That's really fun. Little things make me happy. I'm glad no one has found me. I like it this way.

No comments: