Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Before I Forget, Today I Want to Remember...

how I felt when I took this bead off the mandrel and photographed it.

I felt:  very pleased. 

I saw: a blending of colors and patterns that only gravity could make.

I heard: a satisfied sigh slip from the depths of my artist's soul

I touched:  the smooth surface and felt the cool temperature of this bead.  I felt the moisture from the water in which it had been soaking.

I smelled:  the vinegar I had added to the water bath that would attack and destroy the bead release for easier removal from the mandrel.

I tasted: glass when I licked this bead!

Yes, this is what I want to remember today.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I love this Miss Mallory! I used to do a regular feature that was called 'Coming to my Senses' that was similar to this. You have inspired me! Think I should do that again! Enjoy the day. Erin

Jane Perala said...

Beautiful bead - I can see why you are so pleased! Well done!