Tuesday, April 29, 2014

You Don't Like Beads?

I have a dear friend who doesn't wear beads.  She wears a chain with a religious medal on it for jewelry.  I think that's wonderful!  However, I was stunned when she told me, "I really like your work, but I don't like beads."  Huh?

My jaw dropped.   You don't like beads?  I had never heard ANYONE say that before.  It's like when you hear a mom say that her child doesn't like peanut butter.
I can understand a child who has a peanut allergy not liking peanut butter, but there aren't many kids with out that particular allergy who don't like peanut butter.  

She doesn't like beads.  I'm going to have to get used to that idea.  I've been involved in the beading community for so long now that this revelation of hers came as a shock to me.  She's the first person I have ever met that doesn't like beads.  I still like her.  We're still friends, but, she. doesn't. like. beads?  Wow!  That's a first for me!  Do you like beads?

Here are a couple of good groups on Facebook where you can see a lot of beautiful beads!

Lampwork Beads for Sale:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/lampworkbeadsfs/
Lampwork Bead Market:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/598912806868591/

You have to join the groups to buy or sell or just look at the eye candy, but it's worth it. 

She doesn't like beads?  I'll have to get used to that. 

No comments: