Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Cousin's Bracelet


It's amazing what you learn about your family! I have a cousin named Evie who is a wee little thing. She just turned two years younger than me. I was amazed at that because I thought I was about 6 years older than she. I also learned that her address had changed a bit. Today I learned that if I had sent her belated birthday gift to her at the old address, it would have gone there anyway. As adults, we have reconnected, and I am glad. She is fun to speak with, and I have learned a lot about her. One of the most important things I have learned about her lately is that she has a 5 1/2 inch wrist. Now, that's tiny. The reason I learned this is because I wanted to make her a bracelet for her birthday. Obviously, I needed to know the size of her wrist. It's really small. I made her a woven bracelet with beads that I made. I sure hope she likes it, because if she reads this blog, she will see her bracelet for the first time. I'm mailing it out tomorrow. I am going to call her now and tell her that I posted her bracelet in my blog. Maybe, now, she's learned something about me. I like to put things in my blog.

1 comment:

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

The bracelet is fabulous. She will certainly love it. I really enjoyed what you said about the famous lampworker showing your son around, and your obvious appreciation of her work and kindness. You are an inspiration to me. :D