1) Not every seed that's planted will grow, and even if all the seeds you plant grow, only the strongest ones will survive. Not only do you have to grow, you have to be strong.
2) Many times, birds and other critters will try to steal the seeds you've planted and eat them. You have to guard the parts of you that are growing so that someone who is destructive will not tear you down.
3) Water is to the growing plants like music is to the soul. We must have that beauty to grow. We must be nurtured, aka, watered frequently to grow and produce well.
4) When growing potatoes in a container, the best potatoes are the ones that are in the deepest parts of the container. They are the most difficult to harvest, but they are the most delicious when harvested.
5) Gardeneing, like life, can be a dirty business. You go out there clean, and, if you're doing it right, you come in dirty. That's just the way life is. If you want to live your life to the fullest, you have to get a little dirty. Life is too short not to live with your heart and soul.