Monday, December 29, 2008

Cruelty, I've seen it.


It's appalling. I'm not going to mention names, but their cruelty has hurt someone who didn't need to be hurt. The issue could have been taken care of without the public display of unbecoming cruelty and without the involvement of people who had no vested interest in the problem that they feel/felt existed.

Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. They lash out at anyone who gets in their way or who disagrees with them. They bully people, and truly, have changed the face of a forum which once was a good place to be. I don't feel it's like that any more. It's sad.

Trish, I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm sorry that I didn't stand up with and for you. From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry. No one deserves to be treated the way you were treated. I am so very, very sorry. You didn't and still don't deserve to be treated with such cruelty.

Please remember, Trish, karma is a bitch. What goes around comes around. Their treatment of you was far worse than anything you could have ever done. It was and still is appalling. I'm sorry.

6 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I just read some about it in Mich's blog, and it was enough to remind why I didn't miss that particular forum much when I was gone last week. It is never necessary to bully and gang-flame a person. I am particularly tired of cases where it all boils down to money-- or someone's fear that someone else might make some. Mallory, you are standing up for Trish now, just by writing this. Hugs, Ang

Maggie said...

When I saw the heart I could only think, OUCH! and ouch is right.

People can become very ugly and attack too easily and not know when to stop. Is that the beast within? It's times like these with the pack mentality that I am reminded that we are animals.

Mallory, Thanks for being brave enough to stand up for Trish in so many ways.

Deborah said...

Amen!! ...and even though I know it shouldn't matter what time of year it is...it somehow seems even nastier that this was all done right on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Good for you for posting this. Trish is a love, she has been one of my best friends for well over two years and I know that she has the purest of hearts.

Deborah

ShellyD said...

Beautifully said Mallory!! Trish certainley didn't deserve what she got!! And yes, there is always a time and place. These girls were determined to make an example of Trish - no matter what the cost!!

You're a true friend!!

M

Linda said...

I have no idea what this is about...of course I was drawn in by the nail in the heart (I've been wanting to do this but don't know what kind of nail)....Anywho, I don't know what forum or what the convo was but I absolutely do not like being a "regular" with forums. Some people always want to pick fights, be nasty, and just exclude people....I once had an issue and boy did it get blown way out of control.

Passive Aggressive small minded people are typically the bullies.....I feel badly for Trish who seems to be the victim here. From the pages of Olivia the Pig....Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~ Dr. Suess.

Gosh, was I a bit outspoken or what!?

Deb said...

Mallory - I couldn't have said it better.
I relayed to you incident here a couple of weeks ago that happened in reality, at the time I said it made me ashamed to be an adult, to watch another adult act in the way they did against a bunch of kids.

This episode has left me feeling exactly the same - ashamed to call myself an adult.

Ashamed that others, supposedly adults & having the choice of whether to hit 'submit' on a post, they still feel they have the right to do so - publically. Playground pack mentality... & one has to wonder if they would be so brave had there been more poeple aware of it earlier & prepared to jump to Trish's defense.

On the other hand - I am pleased that a few have just reiterated a valueable lesson - they certainly shown me a thing or two about how NOT to behave if you are trying to make your beads a business ;o)