Tuesday, December 7, 2010

REVEAL - ABS Ornament Blog Hop

I love blog hops,
so when ABS (Art Bead Scene Blog) announced an ornament blog hop,
I knew I was in!
Today is the REVEAL!
Are you ready?
Are you sure?
Here it is!
Drum roll, please!


Wait, I have a question for you.
Would you like a quick tutorial to go with this REVEAL?
Well, let me think about it.
All right.
I guess so.
Here's the REVEAL first.


It's actually cuter than the photo.
I made it using lampwork beads.

Here's how you do it.

Supplies

5 lampwork beads of your choice, including one small focal
I used on small spacer on the bottom, two small disc beads,
one ruffled disc bead for the nest,
One small bird to occupy the nest.
3 small (3-4mm crystals)
approximately 8 inches of wire for wire wrapping.
1 purchased wire ornament hanger

What to do:
You will begin at the bottom of the ornament and work your way up.
Make a small spiral on the bottom, about 3 wraps.
Add one of the crystals and wrap the wire around the crystal on the wire leaving a long stem of wire.
Thread your beads in this order:
Spacer, disc bead, disc bead, wavy disc bead, bird.
Add one or two more crystals and wrap the wire around them.
Finish with a loop and wire wrap down to secure that loop.
Add the purchased hangar.

Ta-da

You are finished.

Now, get busy and go blog hopping.

Here's the list:


Art Bead Scene - you are here!


































13 comments:

Unknown said...

Morn Mallory

thanks .. awesome ..
looking 4ward 2 this fun ..
mo & the girls

love u girlfriend

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ..

Anonymous said...

So sweet and simple. When I saw your birdy ornament that song popped into my head, "sweet bird of paradox."

Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays to your and yours, jeannie

Rosanne said...

Another fun ornament. Have a Merry Christmas.

Fab Fibers

Michelle Mach said...

What a clever idea to stack the beads and create a little nest for your bird! This is the kind of ornament I'd have to hang high on the branches--all those bright colors would be tempting for little hands to grab!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

What a festive little ornament! Thanks for sharing!

Lynda

Heather Powers said...

What a bright and colorful ornament - I love it! It reminds of cherry candy canes, the whites ones with the bright colors. Fun and festive! Happy Holidays!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Your ornament is so cute! Lately I can't seem to get my camera to cooperate and keep using the disclaimer "it's better in person."
So glad you participated.
Merry Christmas!
Tari

TesoriTrovati said...

That is so ding-dang adorable Miss Mallory! Thanks for sharing the how-tos. I am going to get inspired tonight and make something. Hold me to it!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Beverly Herman said...

I love the festive colors of your ornament. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Elysian Studios said...

So colorful! Makes me think of a tropical island.... though I love how Heather said it reminded her of fruit-stripe candy canes (which are very fun!) Thanks for the tutorial!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

How cute. And thanks for the tutorial.

Mary Harding said...

Delightful ornament. Love the colors. Would brighten any tree.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Very colorful! Thanks for sharing it and the tutorial!

Happy Holidays!
Cindy