Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thrift Store Finds


I drove past the thrift store today, and I knew I had to stop.
It was on my list anyway.
I wanted to find chains, and, maybe a few beads that were too good to resist.
Even though I didn't find as much as I would have liked to find,
the treasures I left with are wonderful!
I found a few chains.
I'm happy with what I found, but I'm thinking I'll have to go back another time to find more chains.
Along with the chains, I found a knotted pearl bracelet.
I took the tag off because I've already worn it.
I'm not sure if they are "real" pearls or not,
but the bracelet is lovely.
I don't think I'll take it apart any time soon.
Oh, I paid 75 cents for that bracelet.
I also found that bright, plastic necklace.
The clerk who waited on me kept saying that the necklace was "interesting and bright."
Yes, to both statements.
In the right place, one of the those beads would make a design pop.
This necklace will be saved for that occasion.
So, have you found inspiration in your local thrift store lately?
If so, what did you find?

4 comments:

DVArtist said...

How can you pass up the great deals at the thrift store?
Please stop by my blog to get the detail on the OWOH. This will be the last year. It is the best event of the year.
Hope you join in.
Nicole/Beadwright

Maybeads said...

Great finds! I love the chains!

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, Nicole, for the reminder about OWOH! I appreciate it! I'll be working on the linking soon.

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

NICE finds Mallory!