Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My 8 Suggestions for the Political Candidates!

1) First and foremost, 
DON'T LIE TO ME 
because when I realize you lied to me,
I'll never believe you again,
and
I WILL NOT VOTE FOR YOU.
I'LL VOTE FOR ME FIRST.


2) Don't say one thing and do another.
Don't tell me you stand one way, but your history says something else.
I'm not stupid.
If you think I am, you need to reevaluate your thinking.

3) If you're going to give a political speech,
DON'T YELL.
With modern technology,
I. Can. Hear. You.
This might not make sense to you, but if you speak softly,
I will listen.
I might not agree with your ideas, but I will hear you.

4) Don't be a bully.  Don't call names.  I have little respect for those who do.
If you've never been bullied, consider yourself lucky.
Be Firm.  Be Direct.  Be Kind.
I will respect you even if I disagree with you.

5) When you use social media, don't be rude.  As a leader, I will expect you to be kind and respectful to others.  When you TWEET, act like an adult.  When you post on Facebook, BE an adult.  Posting on Instagram?  Ditto.  Use your social media interactions to make me feel good about you.

6) As an American, please don't embarrass me.  You represent our country.  We don't like having our leaders laughed at by other countries.  If you hope to lead our country, act like a leader with dignity and respect for others.

7) Use you inside voices, please!  Did your mother teach you to act so disrespectfully?  Did she teach you to say hateful things to other people.  Did she teach you to lie with a straight face?  Did she teach you to humiliate others publicly?  I don't think so.  Make your mother proud.  

8) If you really want to know what I think talk to me.  I would appreciate a personal phone call from you.  I would treat you with respect and dignity.  I will ask you questions that will determine whether or not I will vote for you  Don't belittle me when I do.   I won't belittle you.

IN OTHER WORDS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, (and, as of this writing, I use those are words loosely),

BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS.
USE THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS YOU WERE TAUGHT IN KINDERGARTEN.
REMEMBER, THIS ELECTION IS ONLY PARTLY ABOUT YOU.
THIS ELECTION IS ABOUT OUR COUNTRY,
NOT. JUST. YOU.
IF YOU ARE THE BEST OUR COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER,
ACT LIKE IT.

Rant over.
I'll try to keep my opinions to myself, but, in November, if you find yourself unsure of someone to vote for, then vote for me.
Thanks.
I already have 3 votes!


No comments: