We all get stuck.
Sometimes, we are stuck in our cars waiting for a light to change.
Sometimes, we are stuck at work when we would rather be at home or with friends.
Creatively, we can be stuck.
Writers call is a writer's block.
for the last month with my writing.
It's not that I didn't try.
"The longest journey begins with one step,"
"Unless we take that first step,"
we will remain
During this month of writer's block,
here's what I did, and it helped.
1) Stop what you're doing and take a break. Go for a walk. Get out of the house and breathe in some fresh air. Hop on a treadmill or stationary bike and get that blood pumping. If you take your mind off of your work and come back to it, you are most likely going to find relief from your block.
Fresh air + a break = new ideas
2) Change tasks. If you're stuck on what you're writing, stop where you are and work on something else. Distract your mind. Allow yourself to be distracted by the new job. When you go back to that which you were working on before, you will find that the ideas flow easily.
3) Grab a snack. Your brain might be low on carbohydrates, and you need something to eat or drink.
A low cal snack can help the creative juices to flow.
4) Stop and read. Read, yes, I said read, but, don't read what you're writing. Read a newspaper section that you wouldn't normally read. Read a book you wouldn't like. Read an article on a topic of no interest to you.
5) Doodle with your non dominant hand. Set a time limit so you don't loose yourself in this task. (I would get lost in the new task of doodling if I didn't.) Use colors you don't like. Draw only with black and white. Draw in ways that you would not normally draw.
6) If you're still stuck at the end of the day when you're ready for bed. Read your post a couple of times before you go to sleep. Put your writing down. Let your brain work on your topic without your help, while you sleep.
These ideas helped me, a lot! Maybe, they'll help you, too. If you have other ideas, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you!!