Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Gals

What about your friends?
I mean your real friends.
The ones you do things with or not.
The ones who, if you don't see each other for years, can take up the conversation you were having when you saw each other last.
You know, those friends.

I've been having fun with my new friends.
I call them 
"The Gals."
I'm going to enter some of them in a juried art show soon.
We'll see if they are accepted or not.
Either way, I really like them.

This is Fatima.
I had totally different ideas when I started conditioning the clay,
but
Fatima wanted to be born,
Her birth was easy, and it was faster than I expected.
I love her.
I hope the jurors of the show like her, too.


These are some of The Gals.
So far, only the Gal in the middle has a name.
She has been named
Doris
pronounced "Daw-ris."
She's had a rough life, and she has some health issues.
She either had a stroke or has Bells Palsy.  She's feeling better, but she's been tried by life and has come up with a big smile on her face.

I don't know what to call the other two "Gals."
Do you have any suggestions?
I'd appreciate the help.
 



2 comments:

Mary Redman said...

These are wonderful! Love, love, love them! You could name one after my aunt, Myrtle Florella Lulu. She told everyone her name was Vicki! I think I would have, too!

rosebud101 said...

Mary, I love your aunt's name! I think the Gals are going to have some amazing names!