Wednesday, November 12, 2014

It was An Interesting Day, it was...

I really feel fortunate.  I have a Christmas show coming up in a week and a half.  I have been hitting the thrift stores looking for possible decorations.  I hit the jack pot today!  I love these angels, and the big one, was the most expensive prop costing $1! The only problem I have is that I don't know how I'm going to make the tall angel stand up straight since it has no stand.  Maybe I could glue a cardboard stand on the back of it to prop it up?  I'm not sure.  I'll give it a try, but I do think these lovely ladies will add a wee bit of the Christmas spirit to my table.











Today was bleak and snowy.  I needed some "comfort" food, so I stopped at Taco John's for lunch.  Normally, I wouldn't complain, but when I see a smoker, and this person was a chain smoker, holding their cigarette out the window, I have to wonder why.  Do they think they will keep their car cleaner or not get the smell of smoke on themselves?  I don't know, but after being behind the person for 10-15 minutes, my car stunk of smoke.  (The wait was long.) I'll explain why in a minute.  That really killed my appetite.  I am not a smoker, and I have only smoked once in my life.   (That's another story of my teenage angst years.)  However, I don't get holding the cigarette out the window thing.  If you don't want to smell up your clothes or car, don't worry, it's too late, and yes, you smell.  I don't want to endanger my health, and I don't want the smell of smoke on my clothes or in my car.  Keep that cigarette in the car.  Stepping off my soap box now.


The reason the line was so long at Taco John's today was because their computer system failed.  The good thing, even though I was stuck behind the smoker, is that because their computer system was down, lunch. was. free!  I thought that was very nice of Taco John's.  I will return and the next time, I will buy my lunch!

No comments: