Tuesday, June 9, 2015

SeaScapes - Polymer Clay

It's even deeper where the whale is diving.
Yet, where these plants grow is a 
Matter of Tide.

I don't mean the laundry detergent, either!


I've had a craving for the ocean.  
Since we only have fresh water lakes in 
Minnesota,
I had to make my own little corners of the sea out of polymer clay.  
I think I like these.










When I finished making this seascape,
I was covered in glitter.

Lesson learned!
Only use glitter in limited amounts in the seascapes,
no matter how much you want them to sparkle!
I did try to get the bubbles in place, too, but I think I over used the bubbles by a bit!













Can you find that naughty little eel hiding in the leaves?
He only pops his head out to greet newcomers to his home.

What should I name him?
I was thinking
Albert?
Call him Al for short?

Hmmmmmmmmm!

I don't know.

What do you think?










You're in manta territory now.

This manta reminds me of a bird flying in the air above the sea scape.

I don't know what to name him either.

He's very muscular, but he's thin.

What do you think we should name him?











In the end, what I want to do is make pendants using these ideas.  
Even though these aren't true tide pools,
I like them!

No comments: