Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Quick and Favorite Meal for Harvest Time:: Caramelized Apples, Onions, Ginger, and Pork Chops

All right, you already know the secret ingredients in this meal.
Apples
Onions
Small Chunk of fresh ginger
Pork Chops.

I'm not going to give you specific amounts for this recipe.
You just need to adjust them for your family.

This plate easily served
2.

I used one apple and about 1/4 of an onion.  The chunk of ginger was about a thumb width long from the top of the thumb to the knuckle.
I added a bit of salt and pepper to taste.



Here's how I made this quick supper.

1) I browned the pork chop in my pan.  After it was browned, but not cooked, on both sides,
I removed the pork chop from the skillet and added the onions, apples, and ginger.

2) I heated the onions, apples, and ginger until they began to caramelize.

3) At that point, I returned the pork chop to the pan.  I covered the pan and let everything cook on medium heat.  
You can finish by cooking this in the oven @ 350 degrees for half an hour.  I just don't see any reason to heat up the oven on a warm, autumn day.
I've never tried this in a crockpot, but it might be good.

4) When the apples turn golden and the onions have caramelized, I poked the pork chop to see if the juices were clear.  Seeing that the pork chop was cooked, I plated the food, and enjoyed it 
tremendously!!!

I hope you enjoy it, too.

No comments: