Sometimes, they lull you into a sense of serenity until you realize that
VERY, VERY SOON,
WILL BE CHANGING.
1) In Minnesota, the joke is that there are only 2 seasons::
Winter and Construction.
Sadly, that is partly true.
While construction is still going on at a mad pace,
there are signs that say,
That means, construction is coming closer to the end because the seasons are changing and soon.
2) Go to any retail store. You'll find great buys on summer clothes and shoes. The colors of the new merchandise is getting darker. Styles are warmer. Shawls and cardigans and sweaters are being featured for sale. Shoes are now closed toe. Sandal socks are being sold. (If you live in a warmer climate, you've probably never heard of these, but these are slightly thick socks you can wear with your open toed sandals.
3) Go to a hobby store. The Christmas in July items are now 40-50% off. More and more shelves are decked with Christmas items. It's a great time to buy, but Christmas is not until December.
The Thanksgiving items are on sale, too. The stores are trying to clear them out. Halloween items are really at close out prices now. Good time to buy, if you need them.
4) There are times that you honestly mean it when you say, "I never thought I'd say this, but I sure wish it would snow today." You shudder in horror at the words you just uttered, but, for one nano second, you actually meant it!
5) You went to the mall and you bought your school supplies because they were on sale.
That's right, I said it, I buy MY own school supplies when they go on sale. I love the smell of new crayons and erasers. Yes, I buy school supplies and I don't have children in school!
Now, if you don't believe me about the signs of the coming seasons,
look around you. What do you see? Did you buy YOUR school supplies yet?
I bought markers at Target for 74 cents. It's hard to get a better deal than that!