Monday, October 12, 2015

Thoughts on Beads

Actually,
this is not a bead,
it's a pin I made for my neighbor.
She wanted a pin, so I made this.
She has seen it, and she likes it.
I'm glad.
It does make me happy when someone likes my beads!

There are so many ways to make beads.
They can be made from glass.
(My favorite way.)

Polymer clay.
(That's how I made the pin, using polymer clay.)

Paper
Paper beads are fun and interesting to make, and they are, surprisingly, durable.


Fabric
(I love fabric beads.)
You can really do a lot with fabric and beads.

Metals and Precious Metals
You can forge beads out of sheet metal.  They are AWESOME!

Wire
Wire beads are fun and very interesting to make.  I'm not sure that I could make two exactly alike.

Pottery
I've never tried it, but I've seen some beautiful pottery beads.

Wood
You can decorate wood so that it's beautiful.

Rocks
Rocks look great when drilled and painted.

I think that when there's a will, there's a way.  Right now, I can't think of any other ways to make beads. 
Can you think of any?
I'd love to hear what you think!




No comments: