Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm tired, I think.

I haven't torched in a week now,
and 
I haven't made any jewelry.
I think I'm just tired.
We are at the mailing point in the charm exchange.
I have that to do, and I am working at it, but I did notice how slowly I am working at that task.
Normally,
in the morning,
I hit the floor with my feet running ahead of me.
Lately, it's been, well, more like,
shuffling.
I think I'm just tired.
I haven't torched in over a week now.
I want to go down and work,
but I don't.
Maybe the key word is work.
I love making beads, but I don't want them to be work.
I haven't made jewelry or looked at any deadlines for a while.
I'm just tired, I think.
Winter has been long.
As I write this it's still 37 degrees.  It's been that temperature all day!
I said I wouldn't complain about the weather after the devastation by the tornadoes in the South,
but I need summer and fast!
All I did today was to wrap packages and take them to the post office to be mailed.
After that, I, literally played on my IPad all day.
I enjoyed that, too!
I'm glad for that time.
As I write this I'm thinking that I'll climb into bed and just read.
Pixie has been sleeping all day.
She knows how to treat herself. 
If she's tired, she rests.
Maybe my well is a bit dry.
I think that might be right.
Now is the time to rest a bit.
I do have the time.
I know I'll be back melting glass soon.
I'm not worried about that.
In the meantime, I'll read.  I'll mail packages until they are all gone.
I'll play with my IPad.
I think I need to treat me good.
A retreat from the everyday is good.
I'm doing that now.


When your well runs dry, how do you replenish yourself?
You busy mothers and wives, how do you take care of yourself so that if your well runs dry, you can rev it up again?
I'm really interested.
Let me know.

5 comments:

somethingunique said...

I just love how Miss Pixie has her own bed and covered with her blankie so precious.i think were all in a bit of creative slump from what i've been reading. It seems everyone i talk to is tired with low energy i think it's from all of us having gone through such a long winter heck here in Canada we still really havn't had our spring except for massive amount of rain it's still very cold, mind you i am not complaining i'm with you after watching the devistation from those masive tornados we have got nothing to complain about.The best thing you can do is rest when you are tired, drink plenty of water and you'll snap out of it b4 you know it. Take care of yourself ttfn L:)

Patty said...

My advice is to sleep as much as you can, eat good, healthy food, spend time with friends and family, and what I always do is...clean! Reorganize, pitch, refresh...it always helps.

Anonymous said...

i take naps, lots of naps, hee hee. sometimes my body just has to catch up.

i hope you get back on track soon. take care.

rosebud101 said...

Thanks, you guys! I feel much better today. I did get more sleep, and I think that has helped!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Sometimes we just need rest to rejuvenate! I get that way sometimes too! ~Val