Thursday, May 12, 2016

She's At it Again! Thrift Store Shopping

I have to admit, I was surprised when I went to one of our local thrift stores and found these books.
I hadn't thought to look there, even though I shop at this store every couple of weeks.
Let me explain,
and, yes, this post is in the correct blog.
I recently joined a Facebook Group called 
It's a group in which we encourage the expression of our Bible Studies in the form of art.
I'm one of the ones that is not very good, though.  Where the other women are producing beautiful works of art, I use stick figures and dot letters.  Sigh!
The problem is that the Bibles I own were inherited.
I don't want to draw or color in them.
So, I have been using index cards and polymer clay.
I guess I never thought that you would find a Bible in a thrift store, but I was wrong.  The ladies who work there told me that they get Bibles in often.  Sometimes, they stay in the store for a while, and others, they fly out of the store.  I was lucky.  I managed to find two Catholic Bibles.  I think that I would feel comfortable expressing myself through art in the Black covered Bible you see in the photo.
Oh, I bought all of these books for $4.
Of course, there were other books which I bought for the purpose of writing 
Found Poetry.  
I've been told that the books I chose are also good for reading, so I might read them first.
These forms of expression are both fun and sacred.
The trip to the Thrift store was a good one.
So, I'll be back!
Enjoy your day.
If you do Bible Art Journaling, let me know.  I'd love to see what you do.
If you write Found Poetry, let me know, I'd love to see your work!

No comments: