Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Week it was the Lutheran Supper, This Week it was the Catholic Supper!


Last week, I went to Vernon Center for a hot beef supper at the Lutheran Church, and it was good! This week, the adjoining Catholic Church, St. Matthew's hosted a turkey dinner. Believe me, this week, the meal was good, too!










The sign led us to the door that would lead us into our dinner! We were given a number, and we waited.














As we waited, I looked around the church. This church is a beautiful church, too! I wish I had taken pictures of the stained glass windows. They were beautiful, too!



















When we walked into the dining area, we walked past a table full of pies. We were told to take our pie first. I chose pecan pie, and the lady in waiting put in a big dollop whipped cream on the top. I wanted to eat it right then and there.




















We sat down with the rest of our table. The meal was served family style, and when the food was passed around, Oh, my, it was delicious!
















Look at how great that meal looks! Let me tell you, it ws good, too! Paula and Will enjoyed the meal, too!










A great time was had by all!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Don't tell me it's Thanksgiving already and I missed it! Looks like a wonderful feast. Where to next Sunday?

Deb said...

Yum Mallory - it looks like it was another super supper!

What a wonderful thing to be able to attend.

angelinabeadalina said...

Tur-key! Tur-key! My favorite meal of all time! I love turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce! Okay, Mallory, you are now responsible for me craving a turkey dinner :) Yep, I am the turkey lover who hates when the leftovers run out after Thanksgiving. . .
These church suppers you've been attending all have such an enjoyable feel to them. You're one smart cookie!