Friday, January 9, 2009

The Divas


As anyone will tell you, whether it be life or art, sometimes there is a turn in direction, an exploration resulting in growth. As I look back on my life, I am amazed by the twists and turns my life has taken to get me to this place in time, to the person I have become. In my wildest dreams, I never thought I would live in the town where I live. I never envisioned that I could ever have been a special ed teacher. Nor did I ever suspect, that after retirement, I'd be making lampwork beads. These twists and turns, snakes and curves brought me to this point in my art and my life. Ever the random, random person, I stand at my torch daily and decide what I am to make. I usually take a list with me down to the studio to work. I try to stick to my list, but then there is the "what if" moment. What if I did this? Oh, you know what, this looks like this, and I change course like a river flowing through a valley. This is what happened on the day she first decided to be born. Varshelle was an accident. She started to be something else, then she became, "what if" I did this, and Varchelle was born. She certainly is not a lovely diva, but she is fun. She dyed her hair green, and she loves to party. If you want to read more about her, check my etsy store where Varchelle lives for the moment. Varchelle's birth, though intense, was not difficult. She chose to be, so she is, and she is a diva.

Today, another diva was born. Her name is Susanah. She seems a bit surprised, but I don't think she expected another diva to be in her home. She also resides in my etsy store. You can read her story there, too. Rumor has it, Susanah has a secret past. Hmmmm. I don't know what that means.

Perhaps, one of these days, another diva will join them. I don't know how that will work. I think Varchelle and Susanah will tolerate each other, but I'm not sure how long they will be able to get along. Time will tell. In the meantime, have a visit with each of these divas. Their lives have brought them to where they should be, but I do honestly believe, more divas will join them later.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

I think they are both adorable! If Varchelle asks, then I said her style is bitchin' cool...and she's *the* diva. But if Susannah asks, then I said her hair has such lovely curls and I can imagine her voice is as pretty as she is. . .and she is *the* diva :)

Maggie said...

Susanah does look surprised and I think it is because she ran into someone who know all about her past secrets.

rosebud101 said...

Maggie, you might be right about Susanah. Even divas have their surprises!