Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Butterflies for BOC

It's been a while since I made butterflies  for Beads of Courage.  Beads of Courage butterflies are given to parents who have lost their beloved children.

I had heard that Beads of Courage had found a supplier for their butterfly beads, which is true.  However, I have found, through dialogues on Lampwork Etc., that when artisan butterfly beads are available, Beads of Courage does want to use and will use the artusan made beads, too.  After learning this, I began to make butterflies again.  Here's a sample of what I will be sending in with my next box of beads to Beads of Courage. 

I'm going to try and wire wrap each butterfly.  I am sad that someone will receive these, but if I can give a grieving parent a virtual hug with their butterfly, I will.

No comments: