Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Out of Sorts

Yes, this is a self portrait.  I know, a little Picasso-y, but it is how I have been feeling the last few days, and there are reasons for it. 

On Monday, as I went to my car to load up and go home, I slipped and fell on the ice that was invisible.  We call it black ice.  I heard my head hit the pavement once and then again.  Ouch.  The lump that formed on my head was the size of a mouse all curled up.  It wasn't cute.  It wasn't funny.  It hurt. 

I ended up going to an "Urgency Center," which is a cross between an urgent care and an emergency room.  I was very impressed with the facility.  They did a cat scan.  No concussion.  That was good news.  So it was back to Jenny's home to recover.  Ouch!  My head hurt!!!!!

That night, in the 3 AM hour, both Jenny and I jumped out of bed and ran into each other in the hall.  We had both heard something.  She heard a man outside of her window saying, "They're up."  Of course, she called 911, and while she was talking a man came up to her sliding glass doors and was looking in at us.  I was yelling and screaming, "Get away.  The cops are on their way.  I was waving a coffee cup.  I don't think that intimidated him much.  He just shook his head and said, "No."  I was shocked.  You'd think if there was a crazy woman screaming at you with a coffee cup in her hand ready to hurt you, you'd be running.  He continued to look in the window at us.  I continued to run around yelling.  Jenny yelled, "The cops are a block away."  It seemed like it had been hours since the call, but I think it must have been minutes.  He turned around and left, and we breathed a sigh of relief.  About this time, the police came up and guess who stepped out of the edge of Jenny's deck.  The same man who had been looking in.  He knew where to stand to stay out of our view.  As he was being arrested, I took his picture.  I'm not going to post it here, but I do have it labeled on my computer as "SOB."  He was taken away by the police.  We waited to hear from them, and when we didn't Jenny called 911 again.  She was told that the man had been drunk and was taken to the nearest detox center. 

Neither one of us slept much the rest of the night.  I had a headache.  I was a bit dizzy.  Not only that, we had just had the scare of our lives.  I still can't believe that I looked this guy in the face telling him to leave, and he said NO.  I was so glad to see the police that night.

We have come to find out that for whatever reason, the police do not have a record or recording of Jenny's 911 calls.  They can't even find a police report.  I guess that when someone is taken to a detox center, the police do not have to file a report.  We want some information pertaining to safety.  I'm appalled, but I have been told that they are working on this.  Hopefully, I'll hear from them today as promised, if not, I'll be calling.
So, when you see my self portrait up above, you do know what kind of days I have been having.  My head still has a good sized lump on it.  The lump is more of an huge egg size now, extra jumbo sized, and it still hurts, but I am on the mend.  Hopefully, I won't skip too many more posts, I just have to recover from this weekend. 


susanc said...

Oh my gosh! I sure hope your head is feeling better today. I hope you have heard from the police regarding the prowler ~ I can't imagine how frightening that must have been. :( Stay safe. xxx

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh my goodness! That is so terrifying! I am glad that your head is on the mend and that the police were able to help you out. I hope you are feeling better soon! Enjoy the day. Erin