Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Ten Things to do When You're Bored and in a Creative Rut
2) Find your favorite book. This only works with a real book, not an ebook. You can also use a newspaper or magazine. Turn the book upside down. Beginning from the bottom of the page, read the words without turning the reading material right side up. This exercise strives to open those brain pathways that are clogged.
3) Go into the kitchen. Set a timer for 20 seconds. With your eyes closed pull out 1 item from the refrigerator, 1 item from the pantry, and 1 piece of fruit or vegetable in those 20 seconds. Using only these 3 ingredients, make breakfast, lunch or supper.
4) If you have small children, ask their permission to use their crayons and a coloring book. If you don’t have small children, go to the dollar store. Buy a coloring book and a package of crayons. Choose one page to color. Only color OUTSIDE the lines.
5) Find a clean, empty jar. Fill that jar with 5 things that will turn that jar into small work of art.
6) Make a list of 10 items that you can only find outside. Take that list. Go outside and find those items.
7) Make a list of your favorite activities. Choose one from that list. Go do it.
8) Without speaking, walk through your home. Imagine something that you would like to change about each room. Choose one room. Make that change.
9) Make a journal out of unusual items that you find around your house or at the dollar store. For example, stickers and tissue paper. Make the journal meaningful to you.
10) Put your feet up. Close your eyes. Take a nap.