Monday, August 5, 2013

An Easy Peasy Knotted Scarf Tutorial

I realized this weekend that it has been a while since I posted a tutorial on this blog.
So, since I have been making these,
I decided to share with you
how I make them.
This tutorial came about because I looked at the amount of leftover
yarns that I have in my closet.

These scarves can be made as thick or thin scarves.  I make thin scarves for the spring and fall.
Love them!

This scarf will be right in the middle.
I cut 14 strands of yarn approximately 3 yards long.

Fold the yarn strands in half and tie a knot in the middle of the yarn.

Next tie another knot on each side of the middle knot.
These are about 6 inches apart.
I use the palm of my hand for a measurement.
On my hand, from thumb to pinky, I measure about 6 inches.

Continue tying knots in the yarn until you have about 8 inches of yarn left at the end. 
To make this an "Infinity" scarf, knot the two ends together leaving about two inches of length.
If you don't want an infinity scarf, finish the last knots 6 inches from the other ones.

Ta-da!  In about 15 minutes, you have a new scarf to accessorize your wardrobe, and, you have used up some more of your leftover yarns.
Have fun!!

No comments: