Monday, October 7, 2013

The Turn of the Seasons and the End of the Farmer's Market Until Spring


It happens every year in October. The Farmer's Market closes for the season. I attended, and there were any fewer vendors there on Saturday. It's a time of transition from one season to another. Most of the vendors were wearing jackets as were the customers.


I picked up some apples and fresh herbs. They have been absolutely delicious! The soap lady was there, and I stopped to talk with her for a bit. She makes wonderful soaps. I noticed the lady with the jewelry was not in her usual place. The other vendors still had some magnificent root vegetables. It was a treat to be there, somewhat more than cold, but it was a treat. I look forward to spring when the market comes alive again.

No comments: