Saturday, September 20, 2014

Listing Saturday:: I Challenge YOU Today:: How many Blessings Have You Been Given Already?

A friend of mine (Deb Batten) once said to me::

"Not every day is a good day, but everyday has good in it."

The GOOD in each day are blessings you can see in the moment.   We'll talk about the other "blessings" another time--the not so good things that happen to us.  Believe me, they can be blessings in disguise.

So, here's my challenge to you.

Take 10 minutes and write down all of the obvious blessings you have been given before you read this post.

If you like, share your list in the comments section.

Here's mine::

1) My basil is still growing strong!  I'll have frozen basil to use this winter when I cook.
2) The day is almost over.
3) I had a delicious supper tonight.
4) I was able to get in and out of Target without overspending.
5) I have some wonderful friends.
6) The provolone cheese is delicious!
7) The dishes are being washed in the dishwasher.
8) I have two wonderful children.
9) I found some jeans that fit.
10) I was able to make some clay beads today.
11) I was able to arrange it so that I can participate in the Beads of Courage Event tomorrow.
12) I will be able to meet an "online" friend who has just moved to Minnesota at the event! 
13) She's a lovely lady.
14) It might rain tonight.
15) I bought some M & M's!  Shhhhhhh! Don't tell.
16) It will cool down tomorrow.
17) I can wear my new shoes.
18) I can make beads.
19) I'm downloading the new IOS8
20) Pixie might not sleep with me tonight.  She's comfortable on the couch.
21) I enjoy writing this blog.
22) Autumn is starting to look beautiful!
23) I ate some M & M's!  (Don't tell.)
24) I'm ready for bed as soon as the Ipad is finished.
25) I'm just plain happy tonight!

What are your blessings so far today?  Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments: