Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Working on my Wrist and Beads that don't hurt much to make

Finally!  I had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor.  The first available was February 11th of this year!  I knew my wrist would be in terrible shape if I had to wait that long!  I called the office directly and hoped for a cancellation.  That worked! 

The next appointment I  was scheduled for was January 23rd. Still two weeks away!  Okay.  I'd wait, but a friend suggested that I call and try again.  So, I did.

Here's what happened.  Are you ready?

Receptionist, further called R::

Of, course, I'd be happy to put you on a call list.  Give me a second while I call you name up.

Me:  Great!  Thank you!

(Pause)

R: I'm sorry it's taking so long.  We're having troubles with our computer system.

(Pause)

R: You know what?  He's here today.  If you can be here by ten, he'll see you then."

Not only was I there BEFORE ten, but there was no complaining as I waited in the lobby and room for him to come in.  This has gone on for over a month now. 

The doc ran a few tests on my wrist and arm.  He said, "We're going to shoot you up today with cortisone and Lydocane.  If that doesn't work in two weeks, call me.  We'll schedule surgery."

He was gone that fast.  He came back almost as quickly and gave me the shot.  It's still sore, don't get me wrong, but it feels better already.  Hopefully, this will take care of the inflammation.  We'll see.

Now, what does this have to do with the beads?

I made these fabric beads with very little pain.
If my wrist still feels this good later,
I'll make more.
Do you like them, too?

We'll talk later.

No comments: