Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Writer's Block, Sore Wrist, Polymer Clay, Glass, and Beads....That's a lot to talk about, or not!

Yes, I'm stuck.  I've been stuck for a few days, and, so far, there's been no relief.  Writer's Block.  I'm really stuck!

My wrist is still sore.  I have another doctor's appointment next week.  I just want this to get better.  It still hurts.  Ouch!  Like I said, I'm stuck here, too. 

Polymer clay is sitting around waiting to be made into something.  Problem is, even if I carry the clay in my clothing to soften, and I am very gentle when I work the clay, my wrist hurts.  It's very sore now.  I wish it weren't, but some days, you just have to do something.  Today was that day, but I think I'll be sorry tomorrow.

Glass:: I only wish I could turn a mandrel with my wrist.  No chance.  I am so sorry for that.  I love glass!  I want to melt glass.  Looks like it's going to be a while yet.

Beads:: I want to make beads.  Yes, this is a whine, and I would like some cheese with it.  Ouch!  My wrist hurts even as I type.  Ouch! 

Whine over.  What's new with you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it your wrist or your thumb? Is it the joint near the base of your thumb? That would be the CMC joint. Did you get yourself a brace? Thinking about it now I never answered your text. A brace will give you some relief - everything aggravates that joint. It took me a good week away from everything, especially the computer, and the brace to reduce the problem. Gripping things? Are you hyperextending that joint? Yup, I'm worrying about you - I get to do that!

rosebud101 said...

Sharon, it's actually neither. I have two tendons that are inflamed. Yes, I have the brace. I have seen and orthopedic doc. I might have to have the sheath on the tendons cut. I'll know next week for sure. This week, I know it still hurts. We'll see if he thinks the pain is bad enough for the procedure. I hope so because it doesn't matter what I do. It hurts.