Monday, March 2, 2015

March

Dear March,

Last March, I did not consider you so dear.  You were cold and there was a lot of snow falling.  So far, this year, March, you have not disappointed when it comes to cold, but, at least, we know that if you are here, spring is not far behind. 

The snow will eventually change to ice to rain.  The grass will turn green, and we will begin to see small flowers peeking out of the ground
The air will become warmer.  There will be days that we will leave home wearing winter coats, but by afternoon, we'll be wearing short sleeves and sandals.

Many people consider you a fickle month because of the  weather.  I don't think you are fickle, I think you need special attention. 

The robins usually return towards the end of March, then we know that spring is really on the way.  When they land, the robins are greeted with brown lawns that are wet.  The robins seem to enjoy hunting worms.  Then, one day, there are smaller robins.  Life, as usual in March, has found a way.

Well, March, I think it's time for me to go.  I'll be wearing a light weight jacket tonight, but by the time I get home, I will need a coat.  Typical, March, but I do like you anyway.  So, until April, welcome March.  Welcome!





No comments: