Monday, November 9, 2015

On Waking Up and Realizing It's Monday

When I was working, Monday came too quickly.
I would drag myself to work, and if I found a friend who was just as cranky as me,
I would commiserate with that friend about the evils of Monday,
and everything was out of joint.
And then came Tuesday!
It finally occurred to me that maybe being this down about Monday was affecting my life and my attitude.
Duh!
About this time, I also stumbled on articles about happiness and gratitude.  It seems that if you are a grateful person,
you are also a more happy person. 
So I tried it out.
Less complaining, especially on Mondays,
and
more gratitude, even for Mondays.
I finally decided that if I could wake up on any given day, and find 2-3 things for which I could be grateful, then I went into my day with a much more positive attitude.
The world really became a better place, 
even on Mondays.
The same goes for the end of the day.
I tried to find 3-5 things for which I was grateful.
I found myself becoming a happier person.
The evening tied into the morning gratitude, 
and
the morning gratitude tied into the evening.
Have you ever tried keeping a gratitude journal or simply acknowledging the things for which you are grateful each day?
I'd love to hear what you think about this?
If you feel up to it, please leave a comment.
Thanks.
 

No comments: