Thursday, March 31, 2016

My World Famous Italian Bean Soup Recipe Revealed--AT LAST!!! Actually, It's Not World Famous, but...

It's easy to make.
Here's how I make this delicious soup.

I use 1 pound of Italian sausage.  I brown it in a pan, and I use my chopper thingie to separate the meat.

Other ingredients I use are:
1 large can of tomato puree.
3 smaller cans of white beans.
Water.
Assorted Spices, including garlic.













Now, I like garlic, so I used 7 cloves in this recipe.  That's all I had.
I add the garlic to the meat as I brown it.















Here's where your crockpot comes into play.
 
I added the large can of tomato puree to my crockpot.  I also added two large cans of water.
This is when I added most of my spices.
I love Rosemary, and I think it tastes best fresh.  I bought a large Rosemary plant, so I snipped away and trimmed the plant.  I added my
trimmings to the soup.
I also added some basil, bay leaf, salt, pepper,  and lemon pepper.
You can add whichever spices you like.  These are the ones I like.







I drained and strained the Italian Sausage and garlic.  I added the mixture to my crockpot.



















I added the sausage, the beans, and the spices to the crockpot.
(I also tasted at this point.)
I added e tha bit more salt and pepper.
As I write this, the soup is cooking.
It will be ready for supper, but I am going to let it sit in the fridge for a day.
It will taste better the second day.

If you have any questions, post them in the comments.  I'm hoping to answer any questions there.

I promise,
I didn't leave anything out.  If you try this recipe, let me know. 
This soup has been a favorite for many years!
I hope you enjoy it, too!

No comments: