Saturday, April 23, 2016

What Happens When Your Great Idea is Worse Than A Pinterest Fail?

Oh the vision I had for this HUGE bead.  It's about 7 inches long!  It was to be an antler type of bead,  primitive in nature, but an amazing focal bead for a necklace!  I can't even blame Pinterest for this.  Sigh!

The bead looks like a sweet potato in person.  It is hollow, but I don't know if it can be saved.  I'm not sure it can, so I'm going to try something else.  I might add some carving.  I might add some antiquing.  I might just put it in a drawer so that some day my children will find it when they clean out my home and say, "This is so like Mom!  She kept everything!  She even kept this old, sweet potato.  I wonder why it didn't mold?"  Then it will be thrown out.


There might be salvation for the bead,   It all depends.
If you can think of a way to save it, and remember, it's the size of a sweet potato, too,
Let me know.
I'm stumped for now.
Well, it's off to the next project! 
Happy Saturday!

No comments: