Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider--NOT!


So, what do you think? Only a face a mother could love? Itsy, bitsy? NOT!

I normally appreciate spiders in my house since they eat so many other nuisance bugs, but I do have two rules that apply to them.

1) Spiders may remain in my house as long as they do not get near me.
(I think that's very reasonable.)

2) Spiders are not allowed to get big. Note the size of the spider compared to the dime. That's one BIG spider.

In this case, this spider violated rule #2. It is way bigger than the dime. However, there was an exception to this rule for this spider because s/he was dead when I found it, therefore, rule #2 does not apply.

Now, does anyone see a bead in this deceased arachnid? If you do, I'd love to see it, but please do not violate rule #2. Thank you very much!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Now that is one cool spider - I'm sad that he's dead, but happy for you that he didn't break any of the house rules.

Fabulous colouring & markings on that fella!
Great bead potential!

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Very interesting spider, love the colors. But I'm with you - in fact, I think my house rules for spiders are stricter than yours! LOL!

Leah said...

yeah I'd add one more rule:

3) if the spider is big and hairy, hes got to go

:) glad this one was dead - that makes him/her a lot less scary and way more interesting

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

What a gigantic scary looking spider!!! Reminds me of the tarantulas my daughter had in Texas. Yikes!!! She loves spiders, and I am terrified of them. I think they are fascintaing and many of them beautiful but I want them to be beautiful outside. :D Not in my house, please.