Thursday, May 21, 2009

Storms

Really?
This blog is about storms?
What happened to the beads?
The beads will return soon.
I just wanted to tell you about
2
remarkable books
I am reading and have read.
The book I just finished is called
Lucky Man
by Michael J. Fox.
No, this isn't a book report.
I would encourage you to read this awesome story of a man and his life journey
which includes
an incurable disease called
Parkinson's.
This is a story of storms and struggles,
love and family,
secrets and truth,
depression and optimism.
It's absolutely Amazing!
Enough said.
The book I am reading was written by
Elizabeth Edwards.
It's called
Resilience.
This is the story of storms and struggles,
the crash of the ideal,
the fight against
cancer and the infidelity of her beloved husband.
This is the story of depression and optimism,
love and family,
sickness and death,
secrets and truth.
Do you see a pattern here?
I recommend both books
to help with all the storms in life we face.
These are stories of courage in the storm.
Lucky Man
Resilience.

1 comment:

Deb said...

They both look like wonderful choices in books Ms M.
I adore Michael J Fox & completely admire his attitude in facing what I know to be a cruel & debilitating disease.

I'm going to have to look into the other one.