Monday, February 20, 2012

My Meditaion Charm Bracelet

Taking the time to
pause and lift our minds beyond ourselves,
sometimes called meditation, prayer, being one with the universe,
has been proven, scientifically, 
to heal, rest, improve
our minds and bodies.
Finding the time, however, can be challenging.
Today, I made the first step towards making time in my day to take a mini vacation without leaving.
I made a "Meditation Bracelet."
 Each bead in this bracelet has a special meaning to me.
When I touch it, I stop.  I pause.  I get away from it all.
I'll share some of the bead meanings with you.
The heart helps me to remember that I am loved by God.
The rosebuds are my children who are the loves of my life!

 
The pearl charm reminds me of those precious, few trips to the ocean where the waves crash on the shore and the ocean sings.
The striped bead reminds me of the time we took a trip to the zoo and a HUGE tiger walked over to the glass, looked at me, and licked it's lips!
(The tiger was huge!  I was an adult when this happened!  It's not a childhood memory!)

What else could the cupcake mean?  I love cupcakes!!!
From this angle it's hard to tell, but it's a bird.
Why a bird?  Believe it or not, there was a time in my life, I wished that I could be a bird.

Do you ever make jewelry with a meaning?
Tell me about it!

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Every piece I make is filled with intention and good wishes, so I totally connect to the idea behind this bracelet. I love that these beads, though so pretty, really have special meanings to you. That makes them even more beautiful!
And I had that same experience with a lion, but it was my child they were licking their lips at!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Kokopelli said...

About a year ago I made something similar as a necklace. We did a swap with about 15 people and every participant got one bead from each of the other participants. Love your bracelet!