Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another artist! Jenny Friske-Baer - an Outstanding Glass Artist


There are so many outstanding glass artists in the lampwork community. Jenny Friske-Baer is another of those artists! Jenny works in both soft glass and boro glass. (Boro is the equivalent to pyrex. It's a very tough and enduring glass.) I am going to show you some of Jenny's work using both types of glass. In between, I will let Jenny speak for herself.


This bead------------------------->
is listed in Jenny's Etsy store. It's called Doodle Flower Focal. It's made with soft glass.


This---------------------------->
is an example of Jenny's work with boro glass. Isn't it beautiful? It's also listed in Divine Spark Spark Designs, which is Jenny's Etsy store.


At this point, I have to let Jenny tell us a little bit about herself. Here goes!

My name is Jenny Friske-Baer and I started Divine Spark Designs in December of 2002. My goal is to provide beautiful, unique, handmade lampworked beads, glass and jewelry that will reflect the love and good energy gone into their creation and perhaps inspire others to discover their own Divine Spark within.

I started beading over 10 years ago (who can remember?) and I blame the addiction on my sister Gretchen! She got me started and soon after I often couldn't find that "special" bead for a project. All of you fellow beaders know what I'm talking about - that perfect bead that has to be a certain color or shape or texture to finish off a project (or maybe even start one!). So I decided to try and learn how to make them myself. After sitting at a Hot Head Torch for an afternoon under the expert and patient instruction of my dear friend Kandra, I was hooked! I played for about a year on the Hot Head - saved my money - and now I work on a Bethlehem Barracuda Torch as well as a Lynx Triple Mix torch from Glass Torch Technologies.

(You can find this little guy on Jenny's website.) ----------------->

Everyday I feel blessed that I am able to sit down at the torch to try and create something that others might find beautiful and full of good energy. And I feel blessed that the love of my life enjoys working side by side with me in our studio (a fancy word for garage!) creating many wonderful fused pieces and stained glass works of art.

Isn't her work fabulous? When you make your visits to her Divine Spark Designs Etsy Store and Website, you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the center piece, with the inspirational gratitude charm!

Jenny Friske-Baer said...

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for blogging about me! I've been gone for a week or so dealing with family issues and I am just now back on track and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate that you took the time to do this. It has really helped - the psycho woman's post is now on the third page. Thanks again!
Blessings,
Jenny