Friday, January 15, 2010

Three Beautiful Things This Week


1) As I drive, in the early morning hours, I see wisps of light lifting the darkness on the horizon.

2) We gather together, once a month, to celebrate our retirement from teaching. One of our group has gone back to school to become a designer, and she makes awesome clothing now! Another lady in our group travels the United States. She wants to see our country before she dies. We celebrate each others' joy.

3) In the warming temperatures, my sweet, little greyhound runs around the backyard, counterclockwise, as she did in her racing days!

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

What fun! It's great to read about people who are enjoying life after their working days are blissfully over! :)

Unknown said...

It's the simple joys that are the best, don't you think? I love that Pixie still runs counter-clockwise. And that you get together monthly with your girlfriends.

And that you notice the sky. When I drive my kids to school in the mornings, the sunrise is almost always a part of our conversation and how beautiful the light is reaching out across the clouds and over the trees.

Pretty Things said...

That's a beautiful post, you know?

Jinx Garza said...

What a lovely vignette you've described. And the photo is so gorgeous!!

Pretty Things said...

PS -- I posted about your glass nubs you gave me today!

http://anartistsyearoff.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-store-art-supplies.html