Monday, September 12, 2011

I Heart Pearls!

Sometimes I think that those beautiful, lovely pearls are cast aside for the more funky beads available today.
Don't get me wrong, 
I love the funky beads,
but I also love the elegance of the simple pearl whether it be a cultured pearl, a fresh water pearl, or a glass pearl.
I wore this pearl necklace this moring.  
It was actually my offering for Bead Star this year, and it made the finals!
I'm thrilled it did, and I'm glad it didn't get chosen because, now, I can wear this necklace whenever I want to wear the necklace!
So, how do you feel about pearls?


I love my pearls!

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

My very favorite gemstone is pearls! It is the only gemstone that comes ready to use direct from nature, no cutting, enhancing or coloring necessary. And they are my sorority's gemstone as well. I think the colors they offer these days are so lovely. My favorite is the cranberry faceted pearls that I have, the cut makes them even more glowing. I love them!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Sharon Driscoll said...

Pearls blow me away Mallory - and yoiu can still funky them up by using leather.....

rosebud101 said...

Sharon, I never thought of leather and pearls! Wow! Great idea!