Friday, September 9, 2011

Three Beautiful Things This Week

Three Beautiful Things This Week was inspired by a wonderful blog that Clare writes called Three Beautiful Things. Everyday, Clare writes about 3 Beautiful Things that happen each day in her life. It's a wonderful blog! I can only hope to imitate her in a very small way.


1)  Betty's funeral was last Tuesday.  It truly was a celebration of her life!  She planned the memorial service down to the smallest detail, and in death, as in life, Betty got her way.  Nothing went wrong.  The weather was lovely.  Her son read a speech that Betty had written 6 years ago when she was honored at a celebration.  This speech told the story of her life!  We were all moved to joyful tears!


2) The weather was cool for a couple of days, but we have warmed up again.  It's not an Indian Summer yet, but the first frost will happen soon.  I wonder if any more of my tomatoes will ripen before the frost?  The ones that have ripened have been delicious!


3) I have really enjoyed taking Pixie for walks this week.  She is such a social creature!  She whines when her "friends" aren't outside--Buck, Tucker and Gracie.  She whines when her human friends aren't outside.  That's just about the entire neighborhood and beyond!  She loves people.  I'm so lucky to have her in my life!!!  People don't know my name when we walk, but they sure do know hers!!!!  I am blessed!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hi Pixie's momma! What a week you have had remembering your dear friend, enjoying the cooler temps, and walking your social companion. 106 was our high today and I ate some warm cherry tomatoes off the vine.