Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bead Soup - Take 2! Huh? What?

I joined a Bead Soup exchange on Lampworketc.
This is a different exchange from the one that Lori Anderson hosts.
First of all, there is no blog hop.
Second, after the components of the "soup" are sent to each partner,
that partner makes a piece of jewelry and sends it back as a gift to the original sender.
Does that make sense?
I hope so.
I think it's going to be fun!
I know that my "soup" is on the way.
So, today, I decided that I had better get everything finished and get my "soup" on its way to my 
"Soup" Partner, Sue.
So, here's what I've put together.  I started out with a very big mix.
I pulled everything out of drawers that I thought would go with the skull key I made.
You can see the skull in the middle of this enormous soup!
I also made some spacer beads and some wavy discs.
Here's how I narrowed the first bit of soup beads.
I decided that this would be the basic "stock" from which I would work.
I knew I needed some colors to make the darker colors POP.
I seasoned the soup with some pink toned pearls, some red textured lentils, some silver colored spacers, and some black beads.
I seasoned the soup with some small metalic discs.
I liked the look.
 I changed the seasoning a bit.  I took out the discs and added some bicone shaped red beads.
That made the mix a bit more spicy.
Then I found the final ingredients for the mix.  I spacers and some more black beads.
For fun, I added some dice beads!
Now, that should be fun!
I can hardly wait to see what Sue sends me!
The challenge will be on!

3 comments:

Sharon Driscoll said...

Nice mix Mallory!

TesoriTrovati said...

Now that sounds like a fun challenge! Looking forward to the reveal! Enjoy the day!
Erin

angelinabeadalina said...

I love the skull key paired with the dice beads and those red beads... gonna be a tasty soup!