Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Lucet and an Idea. Let me know what you think, please.

I'm getting ready for a show in two weeks, so
rather than stress about it,
I pulled out my lucet today and made cords.
I made some of these cords today.
Some, I had made earlier.

Using different fibers, you make different kinds of cords.
As a personal taste,
I have found that I like to wear my lucet cords in groups.
I used thinner yarns to make these cords.
This group of cords looks very dainty when worn.
 This is my favorite grouping of cords!  I wear these frequently rather than a scarf or necklace.
I made this cord using leather.  I added my special bead to the cord!
These are some of the cords from the collage.  Put them together and you have a nice scarf to wear.
All right.  You get the picture.

Now, here's my idea.
I would like to raise funds to donate to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.
I would like to sell these cords for $5 with 100% of the funds going to the MMRF.
Now here are my questions
1) Do you think these cords would be something people might like to purchase?
2) Do you think $5 per cord is reasonable?
Please let me know what you think. 
I would like to find some way to help raise monies to help eradicate this cancer.
There has been so much research done in the 7 years since my husband died from this disease.
New medications have become available, and Jenny is benefiting from them.
I'd like to help somehow.
Let me know what you think.
This is very important to me.
Thank you.


2 comments:

Shirley said...

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea. I really like the look of the leather one. If you have a tourist area near, you might check on putting them in one of the shops. They are easy and fun, and at that price point, easy on the purse as well.

Unknown said...

I think the cords are great and that there would be a definite interest from buyers. I also think you should charge more, as you made these cords yourself and your time should be more valuable. my two cents :)