Saturday, November 10, 2012

Do You Have a Person?

The other night, as I watched the final season of Grey's Anatomy, I saw Meredith and Yang talking to each other through out the show.  They were on the computer, on their cell phones, and as they talked Yang kept reminding Meredith that she was "her person."  They both acknowledged that they were each other's person.  Through thick and thin, Meredith was Yang's person and Yang was Meredith's person. 

I thought about this, so I thought I'd ask you, "Do you have a person?"  What does "your person" mean to you?

I don't have a "person" right now.  When I think about it, "my person" would have to be loyal.  My person would be someone to whom I could tell anything in the world, whether it was good, bad or indifferent.  My person would have my back in any situation, and I do mean, any situation.  My person would hold my head when I throw up.  My person would hug me if I were crying.  My person would sleep on the floor next to me if I needed help.  My person would tell me the truth when I needed to hear the truth.  My person would not desert me in any situation.  My person would be there, even at a distance, through thick and thin, high and low.  My person would ask me if I was taking my medication.  My person would go with me to the doctor and make me tell the truth to the doctor, even if I didn't want to tell the truth.  My person would not lie to me to spare my feelings.  My person would just be there, sitting in silence, when I needed the silence to quiet my soul. 


Right now, I don't have a "person," so I am content with Pixie.  She already does so many of those things.  I'm happy to have her.  Maybe someday I'll have a person, but I don't think so.  I'm okay with that, too.

So, do you have a person?  What does your person do for you?  What do you do for your person?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Mallory - It's the person who can know all of your little secrets - good and bad and love you anyway. I aspire to be that person. I'll be glad to tell you to tell the doctor the truth, remind you to watch your diet, and many more things....you can tell me to get my ass off the couch and get to work! Love you girlfriend.

Shai Williams said...

I have had 'a person' like that. In truth I have never been able to open up to people in such a way. But I have always had a cat or dog fitting the bill