Friday, November 2, 2012

Toast of the Town Blog Hop

When Erin Prais-Hintz announced this blog hop,
I jumped in with both feet.
Erin designed a necklace for Michael's and named it
Toast of the Town!
I loved the necklace!
I decided to try it.
The only rule Erin had for this blog hop was that we should try to stay true to the spirit of the necklace she designed.
We didn't have to shop Michael's for our beads.
(I did!  te-he!)
We could use beads from our own stash.
All we needed to do was to follow the directions for the necklace Erin designed.
Oh. My. Goodness!
Follow the directions?
Okay, I did.
Here is my necklace, and I love it!!!

 When I went to Michael's I took Erin's directions with me.
I was determined to follow those directions to the letter.
Ooooooops, as you can see I didn't.
There was a 50% off sale, need I say more?
Anyway, by the time I was finished, I had chosen red, black, and white for my color palette.

The only mistake I made was in the toggle clasp I bought.
The Michael's where I shopped did not have the clasp that Erin used in her necklace, so I bought a different one.
 As I worked on my necklace, it became apparent that my beads would not fit through the toggle clasp, as I needed to do.
I had to use a bigger clasp.

 It doesn't appear to be that big, but it is!
By using this big clasp, I was able to fit my beads through the hole.
Whew!

I decided to twist the necklace and wear it as a choker.
I love the eclectic look of the necklace when I twisted the choker.


I will enjoy wearing this, especially with the holidaze coming on!

Thank you, Erin, for hosting this blog hop!!!
Now, here's a list of the other participants.


Pam - Re-Maker
Michelada - Micheladas Musings
Kay - Kayz Kreationz  (Note: Kay had to go out of town. Do check back for her reveal!)

12 comments:

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Oh yes - that beauty worn twisted as a choker is divine! I LOVE this color palette -- and a 50% off sale, too! Beautiful!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love those colors you used and the different types of beads. Way to improvise, adapt and overcome with your toggle clasp :)

sandi m said...

Love the combination and texture of beads you used, and the colors - red is my favorite. Very nice!!

re-maker said...

What a fun piece! The red polka dot beads really make it pop!

Tanya said...

Red and black are such a great combination. The silver and white you added are just perfect! It is going to be a stunner for the holidays!

Juli Cannon said...

LOVE it. LOVE!

elisabeth said...

Love, love, love those colors - and the different shapes you used made it even cooler. Awesome!

Lee said...

This piece is so festive! Love the beads you use. Again, I think that the clasp is the key to making the whole necklace outstanding! Love the one you chose.

Unknown said...

Love your color choice! It can be very festive but I could see you rocking it out with a crisp white shirt and jeans.

TesoriTrovati said...

Woohoo! That is a great necklace variation Miss Mallory! I love the classic simplicity of red and black. I have never used those dotty beads but you are changing my mind about them! And it is never a bad thing to go on a shopping trip to Michaels is it? Especially with that awesome 50% off sale. I know that I came home with a boatload. Thanks for playing along with me and making this sweet variation. Hope you had fun! Enjoy the day. Erin

Zeniswoman said...

Mallory, I absolutely love your red polka dot version! I have a special place in my heart for polka dots :) This is vintagey, edgey, and happy... love:)
Many blessings,
Holly

KayzKreationz said...

This is so cute. I love the fun-ness of it. Glad you finally found a toggle clasp large enough for the beads to fit through. I finally got mine done and the blog post up if you'd like to check it out.

http://kayzkreationz.blogspot.com/2012/11/toast-of-town-michaels-blog-hop.html